From Monday 12 May 2014 to Wednesday 14 May 2014
- 2014 TII Annual Conference
Location : Utrecht, The Netherlands
Smart Sustainable Innovation: the Global Perspective, in collaboration with HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht. The full programme is available for download on this page. Rendez-vous in Utrecht in May!
PRORGRAMME AT A GLANCE
We are delighted to announce that our 2014 conference is being organized in collaboration with HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht on the theme of "Smart Sustainable Innovation: the Global Perspective". The conference will bring together an audience of sustainability experts and innovation management professionals from around Europe and beyond, and covers eight topics related to the conference title of ‘Smart Sustainable Innovation’. ‘Sustainable’ has several meanings: durable, green and cost-effective/affordable. ‘Smart’ combines the successful elements of the enterprise economy and the innovation or ideas economy while promoting a high-quality environment, improving energy security and promoting social cohesion.
The eight conference topics are:
1) Smart Sustainable Cities: The Physical Transition
2) Innovation across Continents (including the TII China Chapter)
3) Social Innovation and New Forms of Entrepreneurship
4) Circular Economy
5) Smart Sustainable Cities: Policy and Regulatory Transition
6) Science2Business for Smart Growth
7) Smart Sustainable Cities: The Social Design
8) Open Innovation Accelerators
In addition we offer:
A line-up of inspiring keynote speakers and session leaders including:
- Beverley Hurley CBE MSc (CEO of YTKO Group in Cambridge, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Georges Haour (Professor of Technology & Innovation at the Institute of Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Prof. dr. Jacqueline Cramer (Director of USI and former Dutch Minister of Housing, Spatial Planning and Environment)
- Prof. dr. Ivo Opstelten (Professor of New Energy in the City at HU UAS Utrecht)
- Thomas Rau (CEO of RAU Architects and one of the Netherland’s leading thinkers on sustainability)
- Drs. Maurits Groen (CEO of MGMC and international sustainable entrepreneur).
- Prof. dr. Kornelis Blok (Director of Science at Ecofys Group Utrecht and Professor of Sustainable Energy at Utrecht University).
- 8 parallel sessions featuring 44 dynamic interactive presentations selected from a public call for contributions on the conference topics. An excellent opportunity to share your views with colleagues from different professional backgrounds.
- Excellent networking opportunities with professionals − academic as well as practitioners, from both the private and public sectors – who share the same passion for innovation and technology transfer.
- The grand opening of the first Dutch Centre of Expertise ‘Smart Sustainable Cities’ by the Mayor of Utrecht Mr. Jan van Zanen, the King’s Commissioner of the Province of Utrecht Willibrord van Beek, the chairman of the Economic Board Utrecht Henk Broeders, and the Centre’s scientific director .
- Sightseeing and social activities which will give you fascinating insights into Utrecht as a smart, sustainable city: a visit to the sustainable hotspots of Utrecht Science Park and a guided historical city tour of Utrecht. There will also be a reception at Utrecht City Hall with a welcome speech by the Mayor of Utrecht.
The conference will be preceded on 12 May by a track on Sustainable Science Parks, hosted by Utrecht Science Park and IASP, the International Association of Science Parks.
We look forward to welcoming you in May to an inspiring 3 days of knowledge and practice exchange in the smart, sustainable Dutch city of Utrecht!
Participants may register for one or two days of the conference. The full conference fee for TII/ISPIM members and HU UAS partners is €350 and €250 for one day. Non-members pay €550 and €350 respectively. A special rate of €250 is available for conference presenters, and for the second delegate upwards registering from the same organisation. The conference fee covers entry to the conference, all documentation, lunch and refreshments on each day, as well as the conference dinner and pre-conference programme.
More information can be obtained by contacting the TII Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning +352 28 48 78 20 24.
Please see the document under logistical information (top right) in order to benefit from early bird hotel rates!